1. Pirates of the Caribbean Captain Jack Sparrow is a pirate . He has a ship called the Black Pearl . One day , he goes to… – Hoc24
- Author: hoc24.vn
- Date Submitted: 10/29/2021 11:46 PM
- Average star voting: (4.84/5 stars and 28295 reviews)
- Summary: Pirates of the Caribbean
Captain Jack Sparrow is a pirate . He has a ship called the Black Pearl . One day , he goes to…
- Match with the search results: He has a ship called the Black Pearl . One day , he goes to Jamaica , where he sees a beautiful woman , Elizabeth . Then Jack meets Will , who loves Elizabeth …
2. Cách sắp xếp thứ tự trật tự tính từ + BTVD có đáp án
- Author: giasuthanhtai.com.vn
- Date Submitted: 03/24/2021 08:44 PM
- Average star voting: (4.44/5 stars and 74028 reviews)
- Summary: Ở bài tiếp theo này, đội ngũ giáo viên dạy kèm tiếng Anh tại nhà sẽ hướng dẫn các em chuyên đề 20: Trật tự tính từ (opsacomp). Xin mời các em cùng tìm hiểu.
- Match with the search results: + Tính từ chỉ màu sắc (Color): black (đen), red (đỏ), white (trắng), … Question 45: He has sold a______car for a beautiful woman in his neighborhood.
3. Question 36 – 40: Read the passage carefully. In the Name of Beauty Cosmetics have been used throughout history. The ancient Greeks, the Egyptians, and the Romans all used various kinds of makeup. Som
- Author: tuyensinh247.com
- Date Submitted: 09/26/2019 11:47 PM
- Average star voting: (4.38/5 stars and 32142 reviews)
- Summary: Question 36 – 40: Read the passage carefully.
In the Name of Beauty
Cosmetics have been used throughout history. The ancient Greeks, the Egyptians, and the Romans all used various kinds of makeup. Some of these cosmetics were used to improve one’s appearance. Others were used to protect one’s skin. However, in some cases, things used for makeup were dangerous or even deadly!
Skin care treatments including perfumes, lotions, and cosmetic masks were used in ancient Egypt by rich and poor alike. Egyptians also developed some of the earliest sunscreens. They used oils and creams for protection against the sun and dry winds. Egyptians, as well as other ancient cultures, used various powders on their skin for beauty as well. Egyptians used black kohl around their eyes. Romans put white chalk on their faces. And Indians painted red henna on their bodies.
Most of the ancient cosmetics were harmless. However, in the name of beauty, some people applied dangerous chemicals and poisons to their skin. During the Italian Renaissance, women wore white powder made of lead on their faces. Of course, doctors today know lead is like a poison for our bodies. Also around the time of the Renaissance, women in Italy put drops of belladonna in their eyes. These belladonna drops were made from a plant whose poison affects the nerves in the body. By putting belladonna drops in her eyes, a woman’s pupils would become very large. People thought this made women more beautiful. Actually, this is where the plant’s name comes from. In Italian, belladonna means “beautiful woman.”
When Elizabeth I was queen in the late 1500s, some rather dangerous cosmetics were also being used by women in England. In particular, women were using special hair dye made with lead and sulphur. The dye was designed to give people red hair, the same color as the queen’s hair, but over time, the dye made people’s hair fall out. Finally, women using this dye ended up bald, like the queen, and had to wear wigs.
Choose an option (A, B, C or D) that best answers each question.
- Match with the search results: Egyptians used black kohl around their eyes. … People thought this made women more beautiful. … In Italian, belladonna means “beautiful woman.
4. Black Teeth: How Vietnam’s Hottest Beauty Regimen Went From Vogue to Obscurity – Saigoneer
- Author: saigoneer.com
- Date Submitted: 06/30/2020 02:08 AM
- Average star voting: (4.51/5 stars and 94822 reviews)
- Summary: Saigon’s guide to restaurants, street food, news, bars, culture, events, history, activities, things to do, music & nightlife.
- Match with the search results: 5 thg 7, 2017 … It was very popular among women in ancient Vietnam, and not only commoners. Members of the royal family and mandarins were spotted with shiny …