1. How the ‘ideal’ woman’s body shape has changed throughout history | CNN
- Author: www.cnn.com
- Date Submitted: 04/04/2019 08:14 AM
- Average star voting: (4.74/5 stars and 42797 reviews)
- Summary: The female form has been idealized as far back as 23,000 years ago, yet perceptions of a woman’s “ideal” body change constantly, putting pressure on women worldwide.
- Match with the search results: Mar 7, 2018 … Ideas about female beauty are constantly changing and have been for 23,000 years. Yet the impact on body image remains the same, experts say.
2. Beauty, Body Image, and the Media
- Author: www.intechopen.com
- Date Submitted: 09/22/2019 10:01 AM
- Average star voting: (3.53/5 stars and 62995 reviews)
- Summary: This chapter analyses the role of the mass media in people’s perceptions of beauty. We summarize the research literature on the mass media, both traditional media and online social media, and how they appear to interact with psychological factors to impact appearance concerns and body image disturbances. There is a strong support for the idea that traditional forms of media (e.g. magazines and music videos) affect perceptions of beauty and appearance concerns by leading women to internalize a very slender body type as ideal or beautiful. Rather than simply being passive recipients of unrealistic beauty ideals communicated to them via the media, a great number of individuals actually seek out idealized images in the media. Finally, we review what is known about the role of social media in impacting society’s perception of beauty and notions of idealized physical forms. Social media are more interactive than traditional media and the effects of self‐presentation strategies on perceptions of beauty have just begun to be studied. This is an emerging area of research that is of high relevance to researchers and clinicians interested in body image and appearance concerns.
- Match with the search results: … and music videos) affect perceptions of beauty and appearance concerns by leading women to internalize a very slender body type as ideal or beautiful.
3. Beautiful, dead, dissected : the dismembered female body in artistic representation – Open Access Repository
- Author: eprints.utas.edu.au
- Date Submitted: 10/25/2020 12:11 AM
- Average star voting: (4.55/5 stars and 69455 reviews)
- Match with the search results: Holmstrom, NG 2017 , ‘Beautiful, dead, dissected : the dismembered female body in artistic representation’, PhD thesis, University of Tasmania.
4. Total Body Beautiful: Secrets to Looking and Feeling Your Best After Age 35
- Author: www.amazon.com
- Date Submitted: 11/11/2020 08:51 AM
- Average star voting: (4.57/5 stars and 59319 reviews)
- Summary: Total Body Beautiful: Secrets to Looking and Feeling Your Best After Age 35 [Orbeck, Andrea, Bartlett, Desi, Stuart, Nicole, Hudson, Kate] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. Total Body Beautiful: Secrets to Looking and Feeling Your Best After Age 35
- Match with the search results: She guides women in a full offering of prenatal and postnatal yoga practices through Beachbody on Demand. She has worked as a product director for Gaiam, group …
5. When Will We Stop Reducing Women’s Body Types to Trends?
- Author: www.vogue.com
- Date Submitted: 02/08/2020 08:00 PM
- Average star voting: (3.57/5 stars and 73959 reviews)
- Summary: “One body type has to go out of fashion for another to come in, as if women’s bodies are able to contort and change of their own accord based on societal whims.”
- Match with the search results: Nov 4, 2022 … One body type has to go out of fashion for another to come in, … This has often left Black, slim women outside of beauty standards both …
6. Women’s Body Shapes: 10 Types, Measurements, Changes, More
- Author: www.healthline.com
- Date Submitted: 09/08/2019 11:54 AM
- Average star voting: (3.83/5 stars and 46574 reviews)
- Summary: Some of us are curvier, some of us have narrower hips or broader shoulders — whatever your body shape, it’s important to know that there is no “average” or “typical” body. Everyone’s a bit different. Still, most of us can generally categorize our body shape into broad body type categories. Here’s what you should know.
- Match with the search results: May 17, 2019 … Every body is beautiful. Bodies come in all different shapes and sizes. That’s part of what makes each of us unique.