1. ‘The Sellout’ Is A Scorchingly Funny Satire On ‘Post-Racial’ America
- Author: www.npr.org
- Date Submitted: 11/27/2021 11:17 PM
- Average star voting: (4.8/5 stars and 75505 reviews)
- Summary: Paul Beatty takes no prisoners in this tale of two men trying to save their dying town through provocative moves like reinstituting segregation. Critic Michael Schaub calls it a comic masterpiece.
- Match with the search results: Mar 2, 2015 … Paul Beatty takes no prisoners in this tale of two men trying to save their … coming from a black man, but I’ve never stolen anything.
2. ‘Skinny kid with funny name’ rallies Democrats
- Author: www.nbcnews.com
- Date Submitted: 04/01/2020 05:05 PM
- Average star voting: (3.59/5 stars and 64976 reviews)
- Summary: Making his national debut, “a skinny kid with a funny name” brought Democrats to their feet with a call for unity and a message of hope.
- Match with the search results: Jul 28, 2004 … Obama, the son of a white woman from Kansas and a black man from Kenya, was raised in Hawaii and became a community activist on Chicago’s …
3. The Top 10 Most Startling Facts About People of Color and Criminal Justice in the United States
- Author: www.americanprogress.org
- Date Submitted: 06/21/2020 07:18 AM
- Average star voting: (3.93/5 stars and 11517 reviews)
- Match with the search results: Mar 13, 2012 … 2. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, one in three black men can expect to go to prison in their lifetime. Individuals of color have …
4. Driving While Black: Racial Profiling On Our Nation’s Highways
- Author: www.aclu.org
- Date Submitted: 05/31/2020 11:27 PM
- Average star voting: (3.6/5 stars and 71386 reviews)
- Match with the search results: No person of color is safe from this treatment anywhere, regardless of their obedience to the law, their age, the type of car they drive, or their station in …
5. Tucker Carlson talked to Kanye West about his ‘White Lives Matter’ shirt controversy | CNN
- Author: www.cnn.com
- Date Submitted: 03/16/2020 06:16 AM
- Average star voting: (4.01/5 stars and 32682 reviews)
- Summary: Kanye West has explained his thinking behind his decision to dress himself and several Black models in “White Lives Matter” shirts earlier this week.
- Match with the search results: Oct 7, 2022 … And I said, ‘Dad, why did you think it was funny?’ He said, ‘Just a Black man stating the obvious.’” West told Carlson.