1. When Do Feet Stop Growing? Timeline for Men and Women
- Author: www.healthline.com
- Date Submitted: 05/25/2021 05:37 AM
- Average star voting: (4.8/5 stars and 52962 reviews)
- Summary: The bones in your feet typically stop growing in your 20s, but changes can occur later in life that may make your feet appear bigger.
- Match with the search results: Jun 29, 2020 … During this time, a girl’s feet will rapidly grow as she goes through growth spurts. Usually, the rate of foot growth decreases between ages 12 …
2. Why Footbinding Persisted in China for a Millennium
- Author: www.smithsonianmag.com
- Date Submitted: 10/20/2019 05:13 AM
- Average star voting: (3.71/5 stars and 19423 reviews)
- Summary: Despite the pain, millions of Chinese women stood firm in their devotion to the tradition
- Match with the search results: The marriage prospects for such a girl were dim indeed. 1 / 10. Lui Shui Ying (right) had her feet bound in the 1930s, after the custom fell out of favor.
3. Painful Memories for China’s Footbinding Survivors
- Author: www.npr.org
- Date Submitted: 01/25/2019 06:53 AM
- Average star voting: (3.91/5 stars and 57914 reviews)
- Summary: Millions of Chinese women bound their feet, a status symbol that allowed them to marry into money. Footbinding was banned in 1912, but some women continued to do it in secret. Some of the last survivors are still living in a village in Southern China.
- Match with the search results: Mar 19, 2007 … Millions of Chinese women bound their feet, a status symbol that … where young girls realized that binding their feet could be their …
4. The Neglected Consequences of Foot-Binding
- Author: www.theatlantic.com
- Date Submitted: 07/12/2021 10:37 AM
- Average star voting: (4.5/5 stars and 78248 reviews)
- Summary: Just how much is society willing to damage women in order to control them?
- Match with the search results: Feb 14, 2020 … Intact feet, girls were told, would damage their marriage prospects. To achieve a more suitable size and shape, young girls’ feet were …
5. Work, not sex? The real reason Chinese women bound their feet | CNN
- Author: www.cnn.com
- Date Submitted: 07/27/2019 01:05 PM
- Average star voting: (4.14/5 stars and 66124 reviews)
- Summary: New research suggests the excruciatingly painful practice of foot-binding has been massively misunderstood.
- Match with the search results: May 21, 2017 … Tiny “golden lotus” feet – achieved through breaking girls’ toes and arches and binding them to the sole of the foot with cloth – were thought …