1. Diverse cultural backgrounds embraced in military service
- Author: www.nationalguard.mil
- Date Submitted: 04/11/2020 04:50 AM
- Average star voting: (4.99/5 stars and 26336 reviews)
- Match with the search results: RAPID CITY, S.D. – America is a gathering of cultural and ethnic backgrounds and one place you will see it all blend together is in today’s military.
2. John Kelly’s military background is unusual for a White House chief of staff
- Author: www.pewresearch.org
- Date Submitted: 06/26/2019 10:03 AM
- Average star voting: (3.63/5 stars and 93508 reviews)
- Summary: John Kelly is the first chief of staff in decades to come from the upper ranks of the military, and he has no prior White House or campaign experience.
- Match with the search results: Aug 10, 2017 … John Kelly’s military background is unusual for a White House chief of staff … President Donald Trump’s new chief of staff, John Kelly, brings …
3. Background on the ‘Possible Military Dimensions’ of Iran’s Nuclear Program
- Author: www.washingtoninstitute.org
- Date Submitted: 05/29/2020 06:45 AM
- Average star voting: (4.13/5 stars and 50623 reviews)
- Summary: Iran’s compartmented nuclear program and fears of sabotage have complicated efforts to address IAEA concerns about the program’s suspected military side.
- Match with the search results: Jun 13, 2014 … The so-called possible military dimensions (PMD) are being investigated by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) as part of a Framework …
4. World War II Photos
- Author: www.archives.gov
- Date Submitted: 12/31/2021 01:56 AM
- Average star voting: (3.52/5 stars and 77785 reviews)
- Summary: Enlarge General Douglas MacArthur wades ashore during initial landings at Leyte, Philippine Islands. Local Identifier: 111-SC-407101, National Archives Identifier: 531424. View in National Archives Catalog The Second World War was documented on a huge scale by thousands of photographers and artists who created millions of pictures. American military photographers representing
- Match with the search results: The Second World War was documented on a huge scale by thousands of photographers and artists who created millions of pictures. American military …
5. Capitol rioters included highly trained ex-military and cops
- Author: apnews.com
- Date Submitted: 04/06/2020 06:53 PM
- Average star voting: (3.86/5 stars and 29633 reviews)
- Summary: WASHINGTON (AP) — As President Donald Trump’s supporters massed outside the Capitol last week and sang the national anthem, a line of men wearing olive-drab helmets and body armor trudged purposefully up the marble stairs in a single-file line, each man holding the jacket collar of the one ahead…
- Match with the search results: Jan 15, 2021 … Capitol rioters included highly trained ex-military and cops … when “extremist bad actors” have military and law enforcement backgrounds.
6. Former U.S. Military Pilot Admits Acting as Paid Agent of China and Lying on National Security Background Forms
- Author: www.justice.gov
- Date Submitted: 08/15/2019 07:43 AM
- Average star voting: (3.9/5 stars and 88332 reviews)
- Match with the search results: Jun 23, 2022 … He also pleaded guilty to making related false statements during national security background checks. Shapour Moinian, 67, of San Diego, served …
7. “A Study of Police Officers with Military Service Backgrounds Compared ” by John F. Hussey
- Author: academicworks.cuny.edu
- Date Submitted: 10/19/2020 12:39 AM
- Average star voting: (3.93/5 stars and 53322 reviews)
- Summary: The purpose of this research was to determine if police officers with military experience are less likely to receive civilian complaints for use of force and unprofessional behavior than police officers without military experience. The research consisted of eight research questions that the dissertation attempted to answer. From these eight research questions, three hypotheses were established. To facilitate the research a mixed-methods approach was utilized to compare whether police officers with military experience accrued more or less civilian complaints than police officers without military experience. The initial portion of the dissertation utilized quantitative data collected from three police departments in the state of Florida to compare the number of civilian complaints filed against police officers between the years 2014-2016. The qualitative portion of the research consisted of data which was gathered from twenty in-person interviews and telephonic interviews. The initial interviews consisted of a cohort of ten police supervisors having personal military experience, including combat deployment experience. A second cohort of ten police supervisors was also interviewed. These supervisors did not have military experience or combat deployment experience however, they had experience with recruiting, training, or supervising police officers with military experience. The qualitative information provided supervisor’s perceptions of police officers with military experience compared to police officers who did not have military experience with regard to overall performance in their role as police officers. The qualitative data served to provide additional insight beyond the quantitative data of civilian complaints regarding the excessive use of force and complaints concerning unprofessional behavior filed against police officers with and without military experience. Lastly, a second qualitative portion utilized a survey using the service of Survey Monkey to query police officers who are military veterans. The Survey Monkey responses determined if their military service and combat experience influenced their law enforcement capabilities and civilian interactions. The quantitative research concluded that police officers with military experience are less likely to have civilian complaints filed against them for unprofessional behavior than police officers who do not have military experience. The qualitative data provided a positive perception of police officers with military experience regarding their ability to serve as police officers and interact with the community. Lastly, the qualitative data as provided by police officers who have military experience via Survey Monkey concluded that military experience was beneficial to their service as police officers. There are significant policy implications which may be garnered from this dissertation.
- Match with the search results: The purpose of this research was to determine if police officers with military experience are less likely to receive civilian complaints for use of force …