1. Within the black community, young and old differ on police searches, discrimination
- Author: www.pewresearch.org
- Date Submitted: 12/20/2020 12:43 AM
- Average star voting: (4.81/5 stars and 91351 reviews)
- Summary: Recent survey data from the Pew Research Center suggest that there are sharp divides between younger and older blacks on the issues of police searches and discrimination more broadly.
- Match with the search results: Aug 27, 2014 … Older blacks (those ages 60 and older) are evenly split when it comes … say the police should not be able to search people without cause, …
2. From Emmett Till to Pervis Payne — Black Men in America Are Still Killed for Crimes They Didn’t Commit
- Author: innocenceproject.org
- Date Submitted: 08/20/2021 05:03 PM
- Average star voting: (4.36/5 stars and 71958 reviews)
- Summary: Emmett Till would have been 79 today. The case of Innocence Project client Pervis Payne, scheduled to be executed on Dec. 3, in Tennessee, shows how little has changed in the decades since Till was murdered.
- Match with the search results: Jul 25, 2020 … To expose the horror of her 14 year-old’s lynching, she ordered an … the white victims of lynching were killed for helping Black people, …
3. Driving While Black: Racial Profiling On Our Nation’s Highways
- Author: www.aclu.org
- Date Submitted: 06/06/2021 04:08 PM
- Average star voting: (3.68/5 stars and 42168 reviews)
- Match with the search results: On a hot summer afternoon in August 1998, 37-year-old U.S. Army Sergeant First … Police abuse against people of color is a legacy of African American …
4. ‘They were killing all the Black people’: This 107-year-old still remembers Tulsa massacre
- Author: www.nbcnews.com
- Date Submitted: 12/07/2019 03:05 PM
- Average star voting: (4.21/5 stars and 15893 reviews)
- Summary: Viola Fletcher was 7 years old when white armed mobs descended on Tulsa, Oklahoma, killing Black people and destroying an economic mecca.
- Match with the search results: May 31, 2021 … Viola Fletcher was 7 years old when white armed mobs descended on Tulsa, Oklahoma, killing Black people and destroying an economic mecca.
5. What we know so far about the Buffalo mass shooting
- Author: www.npr.org
- Date Submitted: 09/29/2021 12:12 PM
- Average star voting: (4.54/5 stars and 76691 reviews)
- Summary: 10 people are dead after an 18-year-old white man allegedly carried out an attack at a supermarket in a majority Black community.
- Match with the search results: May 15, 2022 … 10 people are dead after an 18-year-old white man allegedly carried out an attack at a supermarket in a majority Black community.
6. The Black Mortality Gap, and a Century-Old Document
- Author: www.themarshallproject.org
- Date Submitted: 11/24/2020 08:51 AM
- Average star voting: (4.44/5 stars and 18862 reviews)
- Summary: 1 in 5 African American deaths happens earlier than if they were White. Black doctors say the Flexner Report holds clues to the health system’s role in racial health disparities.
- Match with the search results: Aug 30, 2021 … Once Americans reached their mid-80s, Black people began to have lower death rates than Whites, with about 11,000 fewer Black deaths in 2019 …
7. The Lesser-Known History of African-American Cowboys
- Author: www.smithsonianmag.com
- Date Submitted: 01/10/2021 07:32 PM
- Average star voting: (4.2/5 stars and 36219 reviews)
- Summary: One in four cowboys was black. So why aren’t they more present in popular culture?
- Match with the search results: Feb 13, 2017 … Black people operated “on a level of equality with the white cowboys … “He drew applause and admiration from young and old, cowboy to city …