1. Pictures on cigarette packs, warning of smoking dangers, increased quit attempts among smokers – UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health
- Author: sph.unc.edu
- Date Submitted: 02/14/2021 05:13 AM
- Average star voting: (4.88/5 stars and 17636 reviews)
- Match with the search results: June 6, 2016. Affixing pictures on cigarette packs to illustrate the dangers of smoking increased attempts by smokers to quit, according to the findings of …
2. Decade in Review: Changes in Smoking Behaviors Are Altering the Clinical Picture of Lung Cancer – https://www.passion-citroen.com (ILCN/WCLC)
- Author: www.ilcn.org
- Date Submitted: 09/15/2021 03:19 PM
- Average star voting: (3.58/5 stars and 72799 reviews)
- Match with the search results: Nov 24, 2020 … … Changes in Smoking Behaviors Are Altering the Clinical Picture of Lung … 85% of all lung cancers can be traced to cigarette smoking, …
3. Why Chiefs QB Len Dawson was smoking at halftime of Super Bowl I, and how it became immortalized
- Author: sports.yahoo.com
- Date Submitted: 01/29/2021 06:25 PM
- Average star voting: (4.33/5 stars and 65290 reviews)
- Summary: A quarterback smoking at halftime of the Super Bowl? Unheard of these days. But it happened at the very first edition, and here’s what led to the moment being photographed.
- Match with the search results: Aug 24, 2022 … LIFE Magazine’s iconic photo of Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Len Dawson smoking at halftime of Super Bowl I. (Photo by Bill Ray/The LIFE …
4. Smoking Stinks! (for Kids) – Nemours KidsHealth
- Author: kidshealth.org
- Date Submitted: 09/21/2021 11:07 PM
- Average star voting: (4.41/5 stars and 16056 reviews)
- Summary: Everyone says smoking is bad for you. Why? Find out in this article for kids.
- Match with the search results: Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.
5. Pictures Library of Smoking Cravings: Development and Verification of Smokers and Non-smokers
- Author: www.frontiersin.org
- Date Submitted: 05/20/2020 02:15 PM
- Average star voting: (3.74/5 stars and 14308 reviews)
- Summary: Background: The cue-induced craving by addiction related materials is commonly employed in addiction research; however, no existing standardized picture database based on the expectation model of craving has been developed. We prepared and validated a Pictures Library of Smoking Cravings (PLSC) in this study. Methods: We captured pictures 366 smoking and 406 control pictures (matched in content). We selected 109 smoking pictures and 115 control pictures and asked participants to provide ratings of craving, familiarity, valence, and arousal induced in them. Participants were divided into three groups: non-smokers (n = 211), light smokers (n = 504), and heavy smokers (n = 101). Results: The results showed that smoking pictures evoked a greater craving, familiarity, and arousal than control pictures in smokers (ps < 0.01). In addition, craving caused by smoking pictures was positively associated with the Fagerström test for nicotine dependence score in dependent smokers. Conclusions: Overall, the contemporary results showed that PLSC is effective and can be used in smoking-related studies.
- Match with the search results: Jul 21, 2021 … Results: The results showed that smoking pictures evoked a greater craving, familiarity, and arousal than control pictures in smokers (ps < 0.01) …
6. What Happened To The 9-Year-Old Smoking In Mary Ellen Mark’s Photo?
- Author: www.npr.org
- Date Submitted: 11/28/2021 09:33 PM
- Average star voting: (4.46/5 stars and 56140 reviews)
- Summary: The photographer, who died last month, has a famous portfolio of arresting images. Among them is a shot of two children in 1990. Amanda thought the photo shoot would change her life. It did not.
- Match with the search results: Jun 27, 2015 … The photographer, who died last month, has a famous portfolio of arresting images. Among them is a shot of two children in 1990.