1. SEER Training: Bronchi, Bronchial Tree, & Lungs
- Author: training.seer.cancer.gov
- Date Submitted: 02/18/2019 03:16 PM
- Average star voting: (4.98/5 stars and 17794 reviews)
- Match with the search results: Bronchi, Bronchial Tree, & Lungs. Bronchi and Bronchial Tree. In the mediastinum, at the level of the fifth thoracic vertebra, the trachea divides into the …
2. Doctors Aren’t Sure How This Even Came Out of a Patient
- Author: www.theatlantic.com
- Date Submitted: 12/23/2021 06:08 AM
- Average star voting: (4.5/5 stars and 28449 reviews)
- Summary: Somehow, a man coughed up an intact blood clot shaped like a lung passage.
- Match with the search results: Dec 6, 2018 … Somehow, a man coughed up an intact blood clot shaped like a lung … a photo of a smaller bronchial-tree cast coughed up by a pregnant …
- Author: www.fs.usda.gov
- Date Submitted: 12/30/2019 06:54 PM
- Average star voting: (4.05/5 stars and 78232 reviews)
- Match with the search results: Photo by Ralph Pope. … Photo by Karen Dillman. Lungwort … Lungwort is large, bright green, leaf-like lichen that grows on tree bark and mossy rocks.
4. An Approach for Pulmonary Vascular Extraction from Chest CT Images
- Author: www.hindawi.com
- Date Submitted: 09/10/2019 05:49 AM
- Average star voting: (4.34/5 stars and 41904 reviews)
- Summary: Pulmonary vascular extraction from chest CT images plays an important role in the diagnosis of lung disease. To improve the accuracy rate of pulmonary vascular segmentation, a new pulmonary vascular extraction approach is proposed in this study. First, the lung tissue is extracted from chest CT images by region-growing and maximum between-class variance methods. Then the holes of the extracted region are filled by morphological operations to obtain complete lung region. Second, the points of the pulmonary vascular of the middle slice of the chest CT images are extracted as the original seed points. Finally, the seed points are spread throughout the lung region based on the fast marching method to extract the pulmonary vascular in the gradient image. Results of pulmonary vascular extraction from chest CT image datasets provided by the introduced approach are presented and discussed. Based on the ground truth pixels and the resulting quality measures, it can be concluded that the average accuracy of this approach is about 90%. Extensive experiments demonstrate that the proposed method has achieved the best performance in pulmonary vascular extraction compared with other two widely used methods.
- Match with the search results: First, the lung tissue is extracted from chest CT images by … 9] introduced a 3D approach for segmentation of pulmonary vascular tree from CT thoracic …
5. Segmentation of Pulmonary Vascular Trees from Thoracic 3D CT Images
- Author: www.hindawi.com
- Date Submitted: 10/03/2020 05:37 AM
- Average star voting: (3.93/5 stars and 88679 reviews)
- Summary: This paper describes an algorithm for extracting pulmonary vascular trees (arteries plus veins) from
three-dimensional (3D) thoracic computed tomographic (CT) images. The algorithm integrates tube
enhancement filter and traversal approaches which are based on eigenvalues and eigenvectors of a
Hessian matrix to extract thin peripheral segments as well as thick vessels close to the lung hilum.
The resultant algorithm was applied to a simulation data set and 44 scans from 22 human subjects
imaged via multidetector-row CT (MDCT) during breath holds at 85% and 20% of their vital capacity.
A quantitative validation was performed with more than 1000 manually identified points selected from
inside the vessel segments to assess true positives (TPs) and 1000 points randomly placed outside
of the vessels to evaluate false positives (FPs) in each case. On average, for both the high and low
volume lung images, 99% of the points was properly marked as vessel and 1% of the points were
assessed as FPs. Our hybrid segmentation algorithm provides a highly reliable method of segmenting
the combined pulmonary venous and arterial trees which in turn will serve as a critical starting point
for further quantitative analysis tasks and aid in our overall goal of establishing a normative atlas of the
- Match with the search results: On average, for both the high and low volume lung images, 99% of the points was … automated segmentation of the pulmonary vascular tree based on 3D image …