1. Hal Foster on Ed Atkins’s The Worm, 2021
- Author: www.artforum.com
- Date Submitted: 06/19/2021 02:02 PM
- Average star voting: (4.9/5 stars and 39782 reviews)
- Summary: HOW MANY OF US, when we speak with our parents, feel like stock characters, as though we were simulations of ourselves? In The Worm, 2021, the centerpiece of “Get Life/Love’s Work,” his recent show at the New Museum in New York, the English artist Ed Atkins presents a telephone call with his mother in this very manner. In the roughly thirteen-minute animation, his mum is heard but not seen, while Atkins is rendered, by way of performance-capture technology, as a digital avatar who listens attentively, mumbling in agreement, sympathy, or surprise, asking a question only when her narrative falters.
- Match with the search results: Aurally close, the mother is spatially distant (The Worm was made during lockdown), … This allusion calls up another source cited by Atkins, Love’s Work, …
2. Tiny Velvet Worm Legs Get their Close-Up – Research & Development World
- Author: www.rdworldonline.com
- Date Submitted: 11/26/2019 04:10 AM
- Average star voting: (3.84/5 stars and 77708 reviews)
- Match with the search results: Nov 7, 2017 … Computer Tomography (CT) is a standard procedure in hospitals, but so far, the technology has not been suitable for imaging extremely small …
3. Incredible Glow Worm Facts To Blow Your Mind | RealNZ
- Author: www.realnz.com
- Date Submitted: 06/04/2020 05:10 PM
- Average star voting: (3.94/5 stars and 52807 reviews)
- Summary: Curious about glowworms? Learn about these fascinating glowing creatures with these incredible glowworm facts and find out why they glow!
- Match with the search results: Aug 15, 2019 … Curious about glowworms? Learn about these fascinating glowing creatures with these incredible glowworm facts and find out why they glow!
4. How bloodworms build their copper teeth – Advanced Science News
- Author: www.advancedsciencenews.com
- Date Submitted: 03/12/2021 08:08 AM
- Average star voting: (4.53/5 stars and 70099 reviews)
- Summary: Scientists uncover how one small protein juggles multiple roles in shaping bloodworms’ fang-like copper teeth.
- Match with the search results: May 3, 2022 … A close up image of a bloodworm and its copper teeth. Made of protein, melanin, and a surprising amount of …