1. A neighbor’s call to police on a little Black girl while she sprayed lantern exposes a deeper problem, mom says | CNN
- Author: www.cnn.com
- Date Submitted: 03/23/2020 12:50 PM
- Average star voting: (4.92/5 stars and 22593 reviews)
- Summary: A little girl’s fascination with spotted lanternflies has forced a North New Jersey community to grapple with perceptions of racism and what happens when police are called on Black children.
- Match with the search results: Nov 23, 2022 … This incident underscores the “adultification bias” that young Black girls like Bobbi face in American society, Rebecca Epstein, …
2. 13-year-old founder of #1000blackgirlbooks shares some of her favorite reads
- Author: www.pbs.org
- Date Submitted: 12/10/2020 03:59 AM
- Average star voting: (3.64/5 stars and 18696 reviews)
- Summary: Marley Dias, a 13-year-old girl who has collected more than 11,000 books that showcase black female lead characters, can now add her own book to her list.
- Match with the search results: Feb 16, 2018 … “This movie, like the black girl books I collect, will serve as a mirror for black girls and as a window to other young girls to see what they …
3. Growing up Black: Being a young, Black woman in Britain – Part one – UK Youth
- Author: www.ukyouth.org
- Date Submitted: 08/13/2019 03:03 AM
- Average star voting: (4.38/5 stars and 26929 reviews)
- Match with the search results: Oct 13, 2020 … “What does it mean to be a young Black woman in the UK?” This was the opening question asked during ‘Black Female Identity within the UK’, …
4. Perspective From a Young Black Woman: Being Black in America – Legal Council for Health Justice
- Author: legalcouncil.org
- Date Submitted: 08/17/2021 05:41 AM
- Average star voting: (4.27/5 stars and 78269 reviews)
- Match with the search results: Jun 26, 2020 … Perspective From a Young Black Woman: Being Black in America · Being Black in America means being born into a system created for your downfall.
5. The “Angry Black Woman” Stereotype at Work
- Author: hbr.org
- Date Submitted: 11/18/2020 02:58 AM
- Average star voting: (4.23/5 stars and 36366 reviews)
- Summary: The angry Black woman stereotype exists in many parts of American culture — including the workplace. Studies show people in organizations believe Black women are more likely to have belligerent, contentious, and angry personalities, an assumption not as readily assigned to other men and women. Recent studies suggest this negative perception is a unique phenomenon for Black women, and the researchers suggest that when Black women outwardly express anger at work, her leadership and potential are called into question.
- Match with the search results: Jan 31, 2022 … Recommended For You. How Black Women Describe Navigating Race and Gender in the Workplace. Working as a Young, Black Woman in America …
6. Sesame Place Philadelphia under fire after Black mother says character ignored daughters
- Author: www.nbcnews.com
- Date Submitted: 11/01/2020 02:04 AM
- Average star voting: (4.09/5 stars and 35298 reviews)
- Summary: A mother of two young Black girls is calling out Sesame Place Philadelphia after she says her daughters were intentionally dismissed by a Sesame Street character.
- Match with the search results: Jul 18, 2022 … A mother of two young Black girls is calling out Sesame Place Philadelphia after she says her daughters were intentionally dismissed by a …
7. 7 Nonprofits Dedicated to Empowering Young Brown Girls
- Author: www.nbcnews.com
- Date Submitted: 06/08/2020 09:28 AM
- Average star voting: (4.47/5 stars and 18597 reviews)
- Summary: There are a growing number of organizations teaching young black girls everything from safety to interpersonal skills.
- Match with the search results: May 16, 2017 … 1. Gyrl Wonder · 2. PowerPlay, NYC · 3. BLACK GIRLS ROCK! · 4. Brown Girls Do Ballet · 5. Pretty Brown Girls · 6. Girls Going Global · 7. The Women in …
8. Young black women have more aggressive breast cancers than white women
- Author: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- Date Submitted: 11/07/2019 05:49 PM
- Average star voting: (4.58/5 stars and 76626 reviews)
- Match with the search results: Jul 3, 2004 … “The odds of a breast carcinoma diagnosis at a younger age and at a later stage were higher for African American women than for white women,” …